A short review
As some of you know, I'm planning a round the world trip in the not too distant future. After much deliberation and driving shop assistants round the bend, I recently invested in a new backpack. I found it pretty mind-blowing looking at all the different packs that are on the market. It took some time to eventually find what I think is a good one. So here are a few points about the pack - they might help others who are looking for something similar.
It's the Berghaus Spirit 65+15. I'm extreeeeemly happy with it. It fits like a glove!
1) It has a Biofit backsystem which is really comfortable. It's designed so that the main body of the pack is away from your back. Allows a lot of air between you and the pack. The hip straps seem to take a lot of the weight as well(so far...admittedly, I'm basing this on walking around the sitting room with some stuff in it...but I suspect that I wont have any complaints)
2) It comes with its own waterproof cover. This attaches with a velcro strip and a zip and completely covers the pack.
3) It has a zip-over cover for the back straps for when you're not carrying it on your back.
4) It has a side handle and also a detachable shoulder strap
5)It has a 15L day pack which has two compartments and a side pocket for a water-bottle or whatever
6)It has a bottom compartment for shoes/smelly clothes/etc
7) It has zips which open down the sides for easy access to your clothes.
8) There is a medium-sized mesh compartment inside the pack and one or two small pockets as well.
9) It has a strap at the top of the pack which can hold a sleeping bag/mat/etc
10) It also has this i-trak thing (which it a total gimmick although might come in handy). Basically, you register your details and the pack number online and this will enable Berghaus to track your pack anywhere in the world if it gets lost.
It cost me €220 and I think its going to be worth every penny.
The best thing about the Berghaus Spirit: It's very very very comfortable.
Ps: Will upload a pic soon